Friday, March 21, 2008

this is what it feels like

I haven't told anyone else yet, but my group will probably hear about it in time. I had a dream last night that I felt was really induced by what I've seen here in New Orleans, so I would like to share it.

I dreamed that I came back to my house in Minnesota and there was a large hole in our roof. Snow was falling in our living room, and I wanted to know what had caused the damage. My dad told me that the city goverment had come to our house and planted a tree in our yard. The tree had fallen on our house shortly afterwards. My dad said that the city goverment wanted the tree to fall on us so we would move. I was outraged and couldn't understand why anyone would purposely try to do that to us. My dad said it was because of who we were.

The city goverment, the mayor, and the army corps of engineers, because of reasons of their own, helped to worsen the tragedy in New Orleans. Buracracy and politics ruined the lives of thousand of people. It's sad that we call this humanity. I hope that future leaders can learn from this experience, because there is no reason why this should ever happen again.

katie

No comments: